Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Reviews: Facade (Games #2) by Nyrae Dawn





Blurb:

Can love save them?

After her father commits a crime that shatters her family, eighteen-year-old Delaney Cross is tired of pretending everything is all right. Packing up her car, she sets out to find the people her father hurt. Her search leads her to places she’s never been—and into the arms of Adrian Westfall.

To the outside world, Adrian is a sexy, charming ladies’ man. But his playboy persona is just an act. Secretly his soul is tortured by a memory too painful to share. Only Delaney seems to see through his façade to the real man underneath. And for the first time in his life, Adrian feels he can begin to open up about his past.

Together, Adrian and Delaney share a passionate love they never expected to find. Yet both still harbor their own secrets. When the dark truth is finally revealed, will it bring them closer together—or tear them apart forever?



Jamie says...


This book was absolutely a Giant big smack 5 star!

I thought I loved charade the first book in this series but boy this one blew me away!

I felt every emotion this book portrayed and then some!

When I read books the things that are most important to me is the characters, the plot, what emotions it can bring out in me, and the ending.

The Characters WOW!

Loved Delaney AKA Laney-AKA little ghost she was a very powerful woman lead, and the things she went through with her father and mom for an eighteen year old just broke my heart.

She struggled with a huge secret through the whole book that only her brother and family knew about.  I will not give spoilers but it makes you feel sorry for her because its a huge burden to have on her shoulders.  This book shows how she struggled to fall in love even though this secret could tear her and Adrian apart.
Adrian, oh my adrian!  He is seriously yummy! And makes you swoon hard! He was introduced in charade as the pot head/drunk roommate that partied all the time.  Charade did no justice to this man!  In Facade you get to see why he is the way he is.  Let me just tell you his secret will make you weep, sob, wanna drop to your knees pain.  The secret Laney carries is a big part of his secret too!  I seriusly had to wipe my kindle off at one point because I was crying so hard from his tragedy! Im so glad she wrote this about him because I did like him in the first book and wondered about why he lived the way he did and man oh man do we get some answers! 
When the secret is revealed OMG I thought I was gonna die!  I felt so bad for both characters like it was happening to me-- that is saying something that a book can make me feel like im living there life!  Just amazing!
If you want a great love story, hot sexy scenes and a hot male role this is the book for you!  They also tell you a little more about Cheyenne and Colton too from charade which is totally awesome because I loved there characters too!
I just have to say I can't wait for masquerade!  This will be the story of Maddox-- Delaney's brother.. and OH man its gonna be good Maddox is seriously hot tattoeed bad boy!
Thanks again for a great story/ride!  I can't wait for MORE!!!!

Melanie says...

So good! I didn't want to put it down! 

This book is about Adrian, who we met in book 1 Charade, and Delaney. They are tied together by a shared tragedy. But Delaney is the only one that knows. Adrian does not know that she moved into town with her brother to find him. She wants to apologize for her fathers mistake, a life altering drunk driving accident that sent him to prison. Not only did a young child lose his life, but two families were torn apart, creating broken people. 

Adrian self medicates with weed, alcohol, and women, trying to run away from the pain and guilt that consumes him. He does everything that he can to not think about the accident. But it is not working any more and it is killing him inside.

“Once upon a time, there was a guy. Not a real good guy. Some would probably call him the villain. He didn’t care, though. He knew it was true. Knew he used people and other shit to forget. He didn’t plan on changing either. Knew he couldn’t. That was who he was, so he might as well acknowledge it, right?” - Adrian

Delaney just wants to fix everything. Help everyone heal. Her mother, who keeps trying to kill herself and who blames Delaney for everything wrong on her life. Her brother Maddox, who thinks that he needs to protect her. Adrian's sister Angel, who just wants her brother back. And Adrian, who is broken in so many ways.

But she didn't intend to fall in love with him. 

I think it’s too late. Too late to walk away and too late to pretend there’s not more to my reason for being around him. There’s something about him that I don’t want to deny. Something that speaks to me, me. When others feel like this foreign language I’m trying to work out, I somehow understand Adrian. Not all of him. I’m not that stupid. I also know it could all be in my head, but it feels real and I like him and it’s too late to turn back. - Delaney

When the truth finally comes out the pain that they both go through is heart-wrenching. And then the ball drops :-O Totally Did. Not. See. That. Coming! I can't really say more because I don't want to ruin it for you, but read this book!!

“You helped me stop bleeding. You made my heart beat when I thought it was gone. All those things you said I do for you? They’re nothing compared to what you do for me. You reminded me what it feels like to love. You made me fall in love and, fuck, I don’t want to lose that. I don’t want to lose you.” - Adrian

**Swoon**

Book 3 comes out in January - and it is Maddox's story - I can't wait!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment