Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Review: Still Human by Kerry Heavens








Danny and Liv are back...

Danny loves Liv. He knows he loves her more than she loves him because she ran without a word when she saw their future mapped out before her. He knows he will never love anyone like he loved her and this time he doesn’t think he can move on.

Liv loves Danny. She knows she loves him more than he loves her because he broke her heart in the worst possible way, right when things were falling into place. She knows she will never love anyone like she loves him and this time she doesn’t think she can move on.

They needed a second chance because they just weren’t ready for their first, but when events changed everything between them, they discovered they were just human after all. Now Liv and Danny have to find a way to survive being hurt by each other. 

They doubted, they underestimated and they did believe the worst, but only because they were too young the first time and too vulnerable the second time. But now they have changed and if they are not the same, surely things can only turn out differently?




Alexis says...


This book is like a very expensive, fine bottle of wine.  It is something you don’t want to gulp, guzzle and finish in one sitting.  No, it’s something you want to savor and completely take in and that is exactly what I did.  I read the first 40% within one sitting but once it reached a certain point I knew immediately that this couple would hands-down become one of my favorite love stories ever and didn’t want it to end.  I loved the first book, but in no way did it prepare me for the breath-taking conclusion. 

“I tried being without you, life is nothing without you.”

If you have not read the first book, stop reading this review and go one-click Being Human stat!  Ok, where were we? Oh yeah , this book literally picks up where the first one left off, Liv and Danny separated after what has become the BIGGEST  misconception.  Liv is back in the UK and Danny is in California both wallowing.  She left him for what she thinks she saw, and he thinks she left him because she didn’t want to be with him.  Their whole relationship was built on second guessing, over-analyzing, and last but certainly not least, insecurity.  It isn’t until Max, Jen, and Connie kick them both into high gear do they realize that they can’t live without each other.  But, can they both let go of the past and finally be able to move into the future?

“We needed a second chance because we just weren’t ready for the first one.”

Like I said earlier, Liv and Danny have officially become one of my favorite couples of all time.  I think a large reason for this has to do with Danny.  Liv is so independent and when she literally needs his help after she is injured he is there to help and nurse her back to good health.  He makes it impossible for her and me not to finally realize that this is a once in a lifetime kind of love.  Then when he finally has her back…oh my goodness, I don’t even want to spoil the good stuff and hear me when I say there is some serious GOOD stuff!  Ms. Heavens did a phenomenal job with giving the reader a front row seat to their relationship.  The small details (trees, tattoos, shoes, to Dirty Dancing) from their budding relationship back when they were kids up until the very end was fantastic.  It is 100% evident from this book that soul mates exist and that Danny and Liv are the epitome of that word.  

5 smashing stars!



'I am what I am,' as the song goes. 'I don't want praise, I don't want pity. I bang my own drum, some think its a noise, I think its pretty. So what if I love each sparkle and each bangle. why not see things from a different angle? Your life is a shame 'til you can shout out, I am what I am."

So here goes...I'm Kerry, I live with my family outside London. I am married to the love of my life and we have two amazing, beautiful children and a nutball Boston terrier, called Betty. 

I graduated from the Surrey Institute of Art and Design with a degree in Fashion. I realised straight away that the industry wasn't for me, so I've been creatively frustrated ever since. I have tried a bit of everything to satisfy my need for a creative outlet. Nothing keeps me happy for long. Until I discovered writing. Writing a book has always been a dream, but I had no clue where to start. Then one day, parking my car at the supermarket, Liv & Danny came to me like a thunderbolt. I don't know where they came from, but I raced home and started making them real. Now I have two books to publish and lots more ideas to work on.

I am extremely prone to crushes on boys in books...on trains, in the street, wherever. From my early infatuation with Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing and Tom Cruise in Cocktail, to my recent obessions with book-boyfriends like Christian Grey, Travis Maddox and Kellan Kyle, I have always been the same. For the time it takes me to read a book I have an intense love affair with the characters, sometimes they stay with me for a week, sometimes its for life. Sometimes I feel like I will need therapy to cope with the fact that they are not real and will never be mine! Even though I am devoted to my husband, I'll never change, not as long as brilliant, creative writers keep giving me deeply flawed, yet perfect men to love...
I hope, I dream, that these are the types of characters I can one day create to be obsessed over.

No comments:

Post a Comment