Monday, November 11, 2013

Review: Hers by Dawn Robertson





I am weak.
I am lonely.
I am a slut.
I am strong.
I am Dominant.
I am independent.
I am Seven James.

My entire life, no one has wanted me, and that was fine, because I sure as shit didn't need anyone else. Blah, Blah Blah, insert sad story here about negligent parents, and shitty siblings, and you have my life story in a nut shell. When my college boyfriend dumped me, it was just icing on the cake. Five years, and a booming career later I am here to collect my revenge.

That was until a delicious plaything walked into the kink club I frequent, and rocked my typically un-rockable world. Causing me to break the one rule I have lived by since Daniel Alexander walked out of my life, never have sex with the same person twice. Ever.

Warning!!!! Hers contains sexually explicit situations that may be uncomfortable for some. These include FF, FMF, and MFM interactions.


Sarah says...


Dawn Robertson did a wonderful job with Hers. I really enjoyed reading a book with a  Seven James is a hardcore CEO during the day where she rules the boardroom. At night she is a Dom in a kink club where she doesn't take crap from anyone. 
 
The story starts out with Seven being left by her douchebag boyfriend Daniel. She plots to get revenge on him by taking over his company and is successful in doing so. To celebrate she decides to meet her best friend Star at her favorite kink club. While she is there she comes cross a very handsome man named Levi. Seven doesn't want to be hurt in another relationship so she has a strict policy of only having sex with a person once and then never seeing them again.
 
Levi enjoys his time with Seven and is willing to do anything to make her happy. Seven is afraid to let her walls down and let another man into her life. Little does Seven know that Levi is a board member at the new company she took over. She uses every excuse to try and keep Levi away. She ends up having to go to London for work and the only one to volunteer to go with her is Levi. Their relationship begins to grow and as much as Seven tries to fight it she is falling in love with Levi. They both have had issues in their lives they need to let go of and realize that together they can get through anything.
 
 I would have liked to see more character development. As much as Seven and Levi struggled with relationships I was surprised to see how quickly their relationship progressed at the end of the story.
 
4 stars



Author Links


Bio

Dawn is a woman of many colors. Born and raised in the North-East, the youngest child of three, to two hard working, and extremely dedicated parents, she thrived on her love for creative writing. Her commitment to hard work lead her down a number of career paths over the years, stopping with her love for fiction. 

In a bold, and unexpected move, she quit her full-time nine to five gig to thrust herself into her debut erotic novel, Hers. 

Dawn is a mother, entrepreneur, and self proclaimed book whore.

No comments:

Post a Comment