Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Review: Remember When 3 by T. Torrest




I’d spent too long in limbo.
It was time to put The California Plan back into effect."

~Layla Warren 

I’ve been in love with Trip Wiley since I was sixteen years old.
Yep. That Trip Wiley. 
Academy award-winning actor, known philanthropist, People’s Sexiest Man Alive two years running…
Yeah. 
It’s not like I’m some delusional stalker-fan. It just so happens that he was my high school sweetheart back in 1991.
In the years since, he’s simply been The One That Got Away. 
We just can’t seem to get on the same page at the same time.
Our timing may have sucked, but the feelings had already been confirmed. Years ago.
At least his were.
He doesn’t know that I had chosen to love him back. 
I need to fix that.
And I need to do it now.


Remember When 3 is the third and final book in the Remember Trilogy.
It’s a story about taking chances and following your heart…
and knowing that sometimes, you just have to learn when to let go.


**Intended for ages 18+ due to some questionable language and graphic sex.**

Jennifer says...

Do they give Oscars or Academy Awards to authors? If they did Tina Torrest would take home the gold!!! I have waited oh so impatiently for the final book in the Remember When trilogy, and OMG I was not disappointed!!!! It was like a beautiful walk down memory lane, reminiscing about old times, lost loves, amazing friendships, and what could have been.

The characters in Remember When were perfect. The story was perfect. The writing was perfect. TRIP WAS PERFECT!!! God if I could marry any book character, it would be him. He is my book husband. He completes me.

“Every choice we’d ever made, every road we’d ever travelled brought us to this place.
         Every bad decision, every stupid screw up, every bit of drama.
         Every beautiful second together, every miserable hour apart…led us here.”

I promised I wouldn’t do spoilers…no one should have this book ruined for them. Let’s just say that in the beginning of the book, Trip and Layla are together again…
and so the journey of Trip and Layla begins… 
        
“He was simply Chester and I was Lay-Lay.
         We were us again.”

The journey was bumpy, thrilling, heart-stopping, like when you go to the top of the biggest roller coaster and scream at the top of your lungs, laugh, cry, and squeal all at the same time because you are having the time of your life. It is euphoria in a book.

“The thing is, though, is that I’m yours. You own me. You always did. This is happening. And we’re making it work this time.” –Trip

I just died…like literally turned into a puddle and melted.

“…The man I love is so deep inside me it’s as though we share a soul, when I don’t know where I end and he begins, when he is looking into my eyes and whispering the sweetest things this side of Shakespeare…” well you can figure out where they go from there. AND IT WAS FABULOUS!!! You felt it so deep in your bones and your soul.
He is just flawless unadulterated…just like Jake Ryan in Sixteen Candles. “Yeah, you.” I have goose bumps. Just like I did when I saw the movie for the first time.

This series brought me back to some of the best times in my own life. Tina Torrest is the next Colleen Hoover. She has you laughing, crying, and she “had me at the prologue” and kept me glued. I wanna go to her house, bring her some aqua net, skittles, Twinkies, Juicy Fruit, and saltwater taffy. I wanna get dolled up, make our hair nice and big and take her to a club where we can rate guys like they do in the Olympics. I wanna be her BFF and tell her how much I love her. She fulfilled every hope and wish I had for this series. I CANNOT WAIT FOR MORE FROM HER!!! She is a SUPERSTAR!!

I wish I could give this book a trillion gazillion stars. Tina Toresst, I love you and thank you from the bottom of my heart. I love you, I really love you!!!!!!




T. Torrest is a New Adult fiction writer from the U.S. She has written many books, but prays that only a handful of them will ever see the light of day. Her main audience is mature teens and twenty-somethings, but her stories are geared toward readers of any age that know how to enjoy a good laugh and a dreamy romance.

Ms. Torrest was a child of the eighties, but has since traded in her Rubik's cube for a laptop and her catholic school uniform for a comfy pair of yoga pants. A lifelong Jersey girl, she currently resides there with her husband and two sons.

She also LOVES to get friend requests on goodreads and facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/TTorres...and personal messages from readers via email ttorrest@optonline.net.


No comments:

Post a Comment