Monday, September 30, 2013

Review Nocturne by Andrea Randall and Charles Sheehan Miles








Savannah Marshall is a gifted flutist and daughter of musical royalty when she enrolls in the elite New England Conservatory of Music. Brilliant, eclectic and passionate, she lives music, but struggles with her plans for the future.

Gregory Fitzgerald is one of the most renowned cellists of his generation. A member of the Boston Symphony Orchestra and professor at the Conservatory, he is laser focused on his career to the exclusion of friends, family and especially romance.

When Gregory and Savannah’s paths cross in the classroom, it threatens to challenge more than their wildly differing beliefs on music. Friendships, ethics, and careers are put on the line as Gregory and Savannah play a symphony of passion and heartbreak. 

In the final movement, Gregory and Savannah are handed their greatest challenge, as the loss of absolutely everything they’ve held as truths hangs in the balance.

Kathy says:

Nocturne is a lyrical novel of passion translated through music. Gregory Fitzgerald is a world renowned cellist. Music is his life and nothing is more important to him than his seven hundred and fifty thousand dollar cello - until he meets Savannah Marshall. Gregory's arrogance is unsurpassed and few have impressed him as much as gifted student flutist Savannah Marshall. Savannah grew up as a child of music royalty. It's in her blood. As a part of the New England Conservatory of Music's freshman class, she's ready to push limits and make a name for herself.... even if it means going up against the attractive and enigmatic Professor Fitzgerald.
I absolutely love books that have a slow, steady build up. It's great to find yourself so attached to a book that you physically feel your heart clench while reading it. Many of the most captivating scenes are when Savannah and Gregory speak to each other through their music. Their passion, heartache, anger, hurt, apologies, and love come to the surface through their duets. Something completely magical occurs when they share their feelings with each other in front of live audiences - speaking in a language that only the two of them can understand. I could feel the electricity and chemistry between the characters. Savannah and Gregory have an intense connection that is felt deep in their soul and translates right off the pages of this captivating novel.  Savannah and Gregory's love story is a journey spanning almost a decade and they always seem to be racing against the clock when they are together. One of my favorite lines in the book is "Go slow. I don't want this to end." As their forbidden attraction comes to the surface lines will be crossed and reputations will be called into question.  
I've long been a fan of Charles Sheehan-Miles' books. The Thompson Sisters is one of my favorite series. You can always count on him to deliver a deeply emotional story - and this book did not disappoint. I have not yet had the pleasure of reading any of Andrea Randall's backlist - but I'm happy to report that they just moved up on my to be read list! I'm also happy to report that this book was a very seamless and polished read for a co-authored book.
Four stars from me for this enchanting co-author debut! Pick up your copy today and enjoy!
"I caught my breath because it was as if she was speaking to me in a private language only we knew. The room had somehow narrowed, only the two of us, and the music between us."
"I loved the way you looked at me when we played together. I loved that it was exactly the same as you looked when we were making love."






Ten Days of Perfect is available for Kindle and paperback through Amazon now!

Reckless Abandon (Book 2 in the November Blue Series) will be released in March 2013!


I started writing poetry long before writing fiction. I firmly believe Poetry is a solid foundation for all other forms of writing. It taught me that a single word can make or break the world. 

I write fiction because my characters have a story and they want me to tell it. 

I hope you enjoy the pieces of my soul that I share with you.






Charles has been a soldier, nonprofit executive, short order cook, IT manager and run a restaurant. He doesn't believe in specialization.

No comments:

Post a Comment