Monday, September 9, 2013

Review: Forget Me Not by Sarah Daltry


Amazon Buy Link


Blurb:

Lily had a crush on her brother's best friend, Derek for years - which led to their steamy night ten months ago in her bedroom. Now, Lily is going off to college and she and Derek are still going strong. However, when school starts, she realizes it's hard to maintain a relationship while also trying to live her own life. She and Derek find themselves falling apart and Lily has no idea where to turn.

Enter Jack. Everything about him is wrong for Lily and she knows it, but she can't stop herself from being attracted to him. When things implode with Derek, it's Jack who is there to pick up the pieces - and show Lily an entirely new set of experiences she didn't know she was missing.

Of course, Jack has his own problems and once Lily gets to know him better, she starts to wonder if she can handle all of Jack. When Derek reappears on the scene, Lily is forced to decide between two guys and herself. Can she find herself without losing the people who matter in the process?

Note: This is a work intended for readers 18+ as it features explicit sex between people in college. See where it began in the short story, "Her Brother's Best Friend."

Julie says:

Forget Me Not is a story about first love, losing it and learning to love again.  I was actually surprised that this wasn’t your typical fairy tale romance and even though it may have shockedme in the end, it really worked out.

Lily is in love with Derek, her brother Jon’s best friend, for as long as she can remember.  She is going away to college and didn’t want to go to the same school as Jon and Derek.  She wants her independence and to be able to make it on her own.  Little does she know that it’s harder than she thought.  Once there, she realizes that her whole world has revolved around Derek and she feels lost, like she isn’t her own person.

Enters Jack.  The typical bad boy.  From the time they first run into each other, they both feel the attraction.  And yes, it’s definitely HOT!  But, Jack has secrets.  Because of them, he has isolated himself from everyone because he doesn’t feel like he deserves to be loved or that he can even love anyone.  Jack is broken and doesn’t think he can be fixed.

Once they meet, Lily starts doubting her relationship with Derek and doesn’t know if she wants to try it with Jack, someone who doesn’t have girlfriends, or stay with Derek, who is safe.  When she finds herself asking Derek for a break, it’s Jack she can’t resist.  But, to fight through his walls he has put up is something she knows is going to be impossible.  Is Jack worth throwing away her relationship with Derek?  I must say I was surprised.

                “I’m not definitely sure who I am or what I want, but I care for you.” – Lily
 
I must say I have really mixed emotions about this book.  Was it sexy?  Definitely.  Was it what I thought?  Well, no.  I was expecting the typical bad boy meets good girl for a fling but was glad to see something a little different.  I did seem to get quite irritated with Lily.  I felt like I was being pulled in two different directions.  She wanted Jack, but loved Derek.  I can understand that but I just kept wanting to say, “Make a decision already and just do it.”   I did find it worth the read but to me, it’s just not giving me one of those ‘wow’ moments, even though I must say Jack is irresistible, and I would give it 3.5 stars.




No comments:

Post a Comment