After much consideration, our reviewers have come up with 13 of their favorite reads for their lists. It was very hard, and while we all read so many wonderful books this year, these are the ones that stuck with us the most. We did not, however, include any books that we beta, edited, or worked on in any manner, as we did not think it would be fair. We also wanted to point out that we each took great care in picking novels that we loved which were published in 2013, not just our favorites of what we read this year.
Kristina's top 13!
In no particular order...
1. Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters.. Is a superbly written story laced with poetic metaphors, sheer tragedy, lust and sadness.
2.Arsen: A Broken Love Story by Mia Asher... This story broke my heart and soul and I still ponder the what if???!!..I have my theories and they give me peace. A well written book that left me speechless..
3. Collide by Gail McHugh. The angst in this book was off the charts and the ending gutted me. Impressively crafted love triangle that captivated me. My first fan girl crush! I was desperate for book 2!
4. Unbeautifully Unattainable by Madeline Sheehan. It's raw.. It's a train wreck.. It's dirty.. It's tragic.. But in it there is lots of BEAUTY.. It's Madeline Sheehan and that is why it's on my list. She is brilliant!
5. When it a Rains by Lisa De Jong.. This beautifully crafted story engaged me, saddened me and uplifted me. I adored it!
6. Night Owl by M. Pierce. This book was a little bit naughty and a little bit nice with lots of spice.
7. Quintessentially Q by Pepper Winters. A very dark read that has lots of depth and emotion bleeding off of the page.
8. Tangled by Emma Chase. I enjoyed the Male POV.
9. True Love Story by Willow Aster. I liked the longing and love in this story.
10. There Is No Light In Darkness by Claire Contreras. A great STORY of tragic loss, secrets and longing.
11. One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy. The title seemed silly. Boy was I surprised. It's a must read..
12. Out of Breath by Rebecca Donovan. I'm addicted to this tragic series. Emma Thomas has had too much hardship and too much pain follow her. MWAH!!!!!
13. Sins & Needles by Karina Halle. I liked The complexity of the characters, the turmoil and the predicament...