Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Sarah Reviews Roxy, Pandemic Sorrow #3 by Stevie J. Cole

Roxy Banner


Title: Roxy (Pandemic Sorrow Book 3)
Author: Stevie J Cole
Book Tour: May 11 – May15
Hosted by: SBB Promotions

add-to-goodreads-button31
Roxy Cover
Synopsis
My life had been no fairy tale. Actually, growing up, it had been something more like a nightmare, which is why I ended up so hard. When you don't want to hurt having the ability to be numb is your best defense mechanism. And for a long time all I was doing was existing.
Jag Steele, the lead singer of the international rock band Pandemic Sorrow, was the epitome of everything I despised: arrogant, entitled, but the thing I hated most about him was that he was an addict. Drugs had been the demon that had ruined everything in my life, and anyone who had a love affair with them pretty much made my stomach turn. It brought up memories I wanted to stay buried. Needless to say, I wasn't exactly a fan of Jag.

Funny thing is, people aren't always who you expect them to be. Never in a million years would I have thought the night I meet Jag would have any significance on the rest of my life, but it did.

I found out that sometimes something that screams utter destruction might actually be your saving grace.

Some people may say our story is too screwed up to be a romance, but for two broken people, we made the pieces fit together perfectly.
Roxy Full Cover
Buy Links copy
amazon-logo-80x80 Amazon UK Amazon CA Amazon AU
Review

Sarah’s  4 Star Review:

I really enjoyed Roxy by Stevie J. Cole. This is the 3rd book in her Pandemic Sorrow series but can be read as a standalone. We first meet Roxy in Jag which is the first book in the series. This book does include some difficult situations so please read with caution.

"This is a raw, gritty, very real fairy tale. It may not be perfect, but it is f*cking beautiful."

Roxy has had a really rough life and it has left her a very bitter person. She lost her mother when she was young, her dad became a drug addict, her brother that was always her rock committed suicide. She has learned to shut everyone out of her life because she can't handle getting close to someone and then having them leave her. When she meets Jag at a concert she knows he is everything that she doesn't need in her life. She does agree to hang out with him and the more times she does she realizes there is more to him than what he lets people see. Will she be able to get past his drug issues and let him into her life or will she continue to live a miserable life alone?

Jag loves his rock star lifestyle. He loves to sleep with a different woman every night and has no desire in relationships. He has been to rehab but still hasn't been able to completely kick the habit. He meets Roxy at a concert and he is very attracted to her but he quickly finds out that she has no interest in him because of his drug problem. The more time her spends with her the more he thinks that maybe committing to one person isn't such a bad thing but he knows Roxy won't stay with him because of his drug problem. Will he ever be able to completely give up the drugs in order to have a healthy relationship with Roxy?

I loved the deep connection between Roxy and Jag. These two developed such a deep love for one another and I am so happy with the outcome of their relationship. This book took me on quite the emotional rollercoaster but I loved every second of it. This book shows how true love will always shine through even during a persons darkest days. Stevie did an awesome job with this book and I can't wait to see what she is working on next.

OTHER BOOKS IN THIS SERIES

Jag (Book 1)

Jag Cover

ON SALE NOW

amazon-logo-80x80 Amazon UK
Rush (Book 2)
Rush Cover
amazon-logo-80x80 Amazon UK
Author Bio Trans
I grew up in the southern United States, and am still stuck here. The basics: I'm eccentric, I'm slightly obsessive, and I've been called a pervert. I love writing because it is nothing short of a magic trick. It pulls someone else into your mind and holds them there. Fair warning: my mind is pretty twisted, so watch out.
facebook
SBB Promotions Logo small copy

No comments:

Post a Comment