Friday, May 17, 2013

Spotlight: Jessica Cage


Author Links



Author Bio:


Born and raised in Chicago, IL, writing has always been a passion of mine. I dabble in artistic creations of all sorts but at the end of the day, it’s the pen that my hand itches to hold. I had never considered following my dream to be a writer because I was told "There is no money in writing." So I chose the path most often traveled. Now working at my day job in a law office, I look at my two year old son and ask myself, how will I be able to inspire him to follow his dreams, reach for the stars, if I never had the guts to do it myself. So here I am, age 25, unleashing the plethora of characters and their crazy adventurous worlds into the realm of readers. Hoping to inspire not only my son but myself. Inviting the world to tag along on my journey to become the writer I have always wanted to be.

Author Interview:

What made you want to be a writer?

Reading, I would steal water paper I could, no matter if it was junk mail on my mother’s dresser. If it had something I could read, I was all about it. I can remember reading a book by Omar Tyree, called Flyy Girl, this book had traveled through my friends about 5 times and we all still could not wait to read it again. I remember thinking, I would love to create something that no matter how many times someone read it, when they put it down, they were just itching to pick it back up. That is my goal.
                                                                                            
How did you come up with the idea for this book?

Like most of my stories, it simply came to me. There really is no rhyme or reason. I will be sitting on my bed and boom, a complete cast of characters pop into my brain. With the Hybrid’s Tale series, I woke up one morning with the image of a beast trapped inside a ball of Earth. Later that day, Kendra came knocking, and she wouldn’t stop until I wrote her story down.

Who is your favorite character?  Why?

Marc would have to be my favorite in this story. He is more of a supportive role, but he has his own struggle. He was born a beast of sorts, something against nature, but he insists on holding on to his humanity, as much as he enjoys being a Vampire, he longs for the experience of being mortal.

Were there any aspects of this book that were difficult for you to write?  Why?

Not in the first one, but down the road, there are a few scenes that I had to push myself to write out. There are characters that you just do not want to be harmed in any way, but if the story takes you there, my motto is to follow the characters, do not for them to follow me.

Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?

If it is what you want, if at the end of the day your brain is racked with storylines, plots, characters, and all the intricate details that go alone with it, and you still fall asleep with a smile on your face, this is what you are meant to do. It isn’t for everyone, but when you are passionate about something, well you owe it to yourself to see it through.

What are some of your future projects?

I will of course be finishing Hybrid’s Tale, as well as a few other short story series. I am currently revising a novel trilogy entitled The High Arc which will be rereleased sometime this year. Along the way I will be putting out a ton of short stories (the one I must admit I am the most excited about it entitled Last Stop) as well as other projects that step outside of the written word. Hey, I have finally decided to unleash my creative side and I am doing it full force. Watch out for me, I have a lot planned for 2013!



Blurb:


"Growing up as a werewolf in a household full of vampires is confusing enough, especially when every question you ask about where you came from is avoided like the plague."

Finally tired of her questions going unanswered, Kendra sets off on a quest to discover who she really is. Will she be able to handle the answers she finds? Will she even survive the journey?


Buy link:


No comments:

Post a Comment