Monday, July 1, 2013

Review: Giving You Forever by Ashley Wilcox


Amazon Buy Link




Blurb:

From the moment Nolan Pratt walked into Alexa Arnold’s life everything was forever changed. After a year of dating, the ring was on her finger, the house was purchased, and life was heading down Pleasantville Lane. Everything was perfect.

Or so they thought.

With help from his parent’s inheritance, Nolan takes on a new business adventure, utilizing all his free time. What was once their life- carefree with minimal responsibilities, is no more. When Alexa starts to feel the pressure from school, wedding planning, and lack of help from Nolan, exhaustion kicks in and feelings get hurt, testing the strength of their relationship. But, if there is one thing that Nolan will never compromise, it’s Alexa’s happiness. There’s nothing Nolan Pratt won’t do to make sure Alexa is well taken care of, loved, and happy.

When Nolan’s past resurfaces- a past that Alexa didn’t know existed- will it all be too much? Will Nolan’s devotion to Alexa’s happiness cost him their relationship and lose him the only thing that has ever mattered in his life? Or will Nolan discover that his past doesn’t determine his future and he is worth the happiness he doesn’t think he deserves?

Jennifer says:

I am mixed emotions on this book. This is the 4th book in the Forever Series. I have read this first book in the series "Planning on Forever" which had a storyline that revolved around Alexa, our female lead in this book. But this book was so different that the other book and, from what I understand, the rest of the series. This is the first book in the series that would be considered erotica... with that... It was just that, filled with lots of hot steamy sex but I felt it lacked a real storyline. I loved Planning on Forever... it was a nice sweet story that I really enjoyed but with this, I felt the author tried to put in too much sex. Did I just say that?? Yes I did...

So the story starts out with Alexa still in college and Nolan working at a gym trying hard to open his own. Alexa is now going to be planning their wedding and with that we get a little surprise from Nolan's past. The wedding planner is someone from his past and he is beyond livid when he finds out who it is. With his past being confronted with his future, we do learn more about his story. I would say that was the one part I did like and enjoy. We learned about his parents and their tragic passing and how it unraveled and he almost destroyed his own life in the years that followed before he met Alexa. But take this part out of the story and I couldn't really give you much anything else. It was a good easy read but unfortunately for me there wasn't much substance for it.
I do give kudos to Ashley for writing a hot story... that is where I will give her points. The sex scenes are hot and steamy and there are lots of them! I just wish we learned more about the characters besides them being sex addicts! I would give this book a 3 star but with the hot sex give it another ½ for a total rating of 3.5 stars.

Julie says:

Giving You Forever’ is the fourth book in The Forever Series by Ashley Wilcox.  This is actually the continuation of Nolan and Alexa’s story from the first book.  I found it enjoyable but yet a lot steamier than the first three.

Alexa and Nolan are so much in love and can’t wait to start their life together.
‘She sweeps away the worries of life around us and consumes every last ounce of my soul.’

They are now engaged and planning their future. 
                       
“I can’t wait to make you officially mine.” – Alexa

Between Nolan trying to open his own business and Alexa finishing school, she realizes she is needing someone to help plan their wedding and, in hiring someone, she finds out a part of Nolan that she never knew existed.  She is utterly shocked to know he has a past, and how it can affect them.  ‘Every last inch of myself is being consumed by him, and I can’t think of any other place that I’d rather be.’

They deal with changes in their relationship and their struggles are not easy.
‘She’s the reason to my being, the air to my lungs, the soul to my existence.’ She fights for him and I am in awe of the love they share.

“You are the best thing that has ever happened to me – I could never love anyone else the way I love you.” – Alexa

I am glad to see not just a fairy tale story, but be prepared for a lot sexier material in this one.   It was something I was not expecting and made me look at their story in a whole new way.  I would give this 4 stars and hoping see more from Ashley’s “The Forever Series”.






Author Links

Bio:

Through my addiction for reading, I've discovered my passion for writing. I'm a hopeless romantic, and love reading and writing about it.

~Read to love, and love to read~

No comments:

Post a Comment