Tuesday, October 13, 2015

RELEASE DAY BLITZ AND REVIEW: SLAYING THE DRAGON BY T.K. LEIGH







Title: Slaying The Dragon
Series: Deception Duet #2
Author: T.K. Leigh
Genre: Romantic Suspense / Contemporary Romance
 Release Date: October 13, 2015




Blurb

I should have resisted him, but I couldn’t. My addiction to him was all-consuming, the high from his touch unlike any other.
Without him, I couldn’t focus, couldn’t think, couldn’t breathe.
With him, I hated myself for being too weak to fight the devil himself.
And Tyler Burnham was the devil.
He used me.
He lied to me.
But he loved me. And he still does.

Unable to stop thinking about the man who deceived her, Mackenzie Delano struggles to move on with her life and forget that Tyler Burnham ever walked into her life. But she still aches for him, despite his betrayal. Her mind is at war with her heart, a war that could be the difference between living and dying.

Tyler Burnham is lost without Mackenzie. As he contemplates the meaning of everything, he tries to find a way to prove that his feelings for her are true. That he would walk through fire to keep her at his side. That he would sacrifice it all…his career, his fortune, his life…to protect her.

The truth is, he may just have to…

Recommended for readers 18 & up due to strong language, explicit sexual situations, and graphic violence.




This is the second book in a two-book duet, which must be read in order. If you have not yet read Chasing The Dragon, please start there.







Purchase Links


RELEASE DAY PRICE

JUST 99c


AMAZON US / UK / AU


MICHELLE'S 5 STAR REVIEW:


**Slaying The Dragon: 
/slang/ A common literary motif used in fairytales whereby a dragon held a young princess hostage. Many would try to slay the beast, but none would prevail… Until a handsome young knight came on the scene and defied the odds, rescuing the princess from her prison. Today, the phrase has been broadened to mean overcoming a seemingly insurmountable obstacle, either internal or external. 
We all have dragons that need slaying… 
What’s yours?

The must anticipated conclusion is finally here! And Leigh really delivers in the spell bounding, mesmerizing continuation of Tyler and Mackenzie's story.  (If you haven't read Chasing the Dragon, stop right here, go get it and start reading! You won't be sorry, promise).   More, heartache, more surprises, more danger, more...lightning strikes.  Everything that I loved in the Chasing the Dragon kept me on the edge of my seat while devouring Slaying the Dragon!  

**As the weeks wore on, I continued searching everywhere for some sort of proof that Tyler Burnham was real but I found nothing. Not one piece of tangible proof he had entered my life in a whirlwind and flipped it upside down. There was nothing left, other than my memories…which I couldn’t help but question. 
It was as if every trace of his time on South Padre had been erased. 
All but one…

with Tyler being gone, Mack must now pick up the pieces of her broken heart and try to move past the betrayal she felt.  The anguish and heartache ever apparent in everything she does or sees.  She wants to hate him for all the lies, but her heart won't let her. She thought she was loosing her mind, that she made him up, that there was no Tyler Burnham. But her heart knew better despite what her mind was trying to say in order to cope. And now, she has the one little proof that he does exist.  But, knowing that and that he didn't come after her, makes the heartache more.  That she still loves him makes it hurt more. 

She wonders if he ever thinks about, if she invades his every waking thought like he does her.  She doesn't know it yet, but she consumes him, every single minute.  When his mission was compromised, his brother sent him on another assignment, said it was for his safety. He is helping refugees in Sudan, teaching kids to play American sports. It's helping him cope with the loss of Mackenzie, the guilt he feels for what he did to her, but he still thinks of her.

**So much time had passed, the rift between myself and Mackenzie had widened. I wondered if I even crossed her mind anymore. I couldn’t forget her if I wanted to. Her existence was permanently etched on my heart…on my soul.

**Sighing, I pulled my dog tags out from under my t-shirt and stared at the diamond ring that hung on the chain. It was now a reminder that all actions have consequences, that I didn’t deserve to be happy, that I didn’t deserve anything but to live with the lonely again, as I had been doing since I watched Mackenzie disappear into the back seat of a Boston city taxi. It was the penance I deserved to pay.

Now, after four months, Tyler is back.  Mackenzie wrote sent him an email that ripped his heart out, and at the same time gave him a little sliver of hope. So, he is going home. He doesn't care what his brother says, he's going to go see about a girl.  He knows it will take time, but he's not willing to give up on his lightning strike, not matter what he has to do. 

He doesn't know in the four months that he's been gone what all has happened.  Charlie is still in hiding, especially after what happened with Mackenzie's old neighbors.  He is still wanted for murder, and that list keeps growing.  He still wants to talk to her father.

The contact at Alex's and Tyler's security firm is missing, making them think there is more going on than what they currently know.  And now, someone from Mack's old life may be in danger.  

This book will keep you on the edge of your seat until you uncover all there is to know surrounding Mackenzie/Serafina.  The story is extremely well written and of course, there is still the *swoon* of one Mr. Tyler Burnham that everyone should experience for themselves. 

**No,” he said. “I get what you’re saying. I will be nothing but an open book with you from this moment forward, regardless of the consequences. But that word…” A wide smile crossed his face. I tried to hide my own smile at the excitement that seemed to ooze from every inch of him. “It gives me hope that I didn’t fuck up the best thing that’s ever happened to me.” 
“You’ve got a long way to go, Mr. Burnham.” 
“I know. But, if my memory serves me correctly, something tells me the wait will be worth it.” He raised his eyebrows, his eyes raking over my body in a devious way. 



Also Available




#1 Chasing The Dragon


99c


AMAZON US / UK / AU














Excerpt


“Wait, Mackenzie!” Tyler cried out after me. “Tell me what you want me to say and I’ll say it! Letting you walk away from me once was the biggest mistake of my life. I won't do it again.”

I spun around just as I was about to open the front door. “You let me walk away from you?” I hissed, my teeth clenched.

“That’s not what I meant.” He ran his hands through his dark brown hair and I could see the desperation wash over him. “What I meant to say is all the lies, all of it… I’m so sorry I put you through it. But do you think I regret any of it?” His eyes grew more intense and impassioned, his chest heaving as he poured his heart out to me. “Not for a second.”

I glared at him, waiting for him to explain.

“If it wasn’t for all the lies, for my assignment, I never would have met you, so I’m not going to say I regret a fucking second of any of it. I don’t care what it takes to win back your heart. You can push me away all you want. You can tell me you’ll never forgive me, that there will never be an us again, but I will always come back for you. A hundred times. A thousand times. I will fight for us until I take my last breath.”

He stepped toward me, grabbing my hand in his, caressing my knuckles in such a delicate way that made me want to melt into a puddle.

“Please, Mackenzie…” He leaned toward me, brushing his lips against my forehead, kissing me so delicately, so lightly. “Serafina,” he whispered, “tell me what it will take and I’ll do it.”

Despite everything he had just said, I simply couldn’t let him back in. Relationships were based on trust, and Tyler took my trust and used it against me. I couldn’t forget that, no matter how much my skin yearned for his touch.

“You want to know what it’s going to take?” I asked softly, freeing my hand from his grasp.

He nodded, nervous anticipation radiating through his body as he looked at me with eager eyes.

“It’ll take one more time,” I murmured, opening the door. Peering over my shoulder, I saw his deflated expression. “It will always take one more time.”








Author Bio




T.K. Leigh, otherwise known as Tracy Leigh Kellam, is the USA Today Best Selling author of the Beautiful Mess series. Originally from New England, she now resides in sunny Southern California with her husband, dog and three cats, all of which she has rescued (including the husband). When she’s not planted in front of her computer, writing away, she can be found running and training for her next marathon (of which she has run over fifteen fulls and far too many halfs to recall). Unlike Olivia, the main character in her Beautiful Mess series, she has yet to qualify for the Boston Marathon.



T.K. Leigh is represented by Jane Dystel of Dystel & Goderich Literary Management. All publishing inquiries, including audio, foreign, and film rights, should be directed to her.


Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment