Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Review: Slow Surrender by Cecilia Tan




Unforgettable passion . . .

Two months have passed since Karina's painful departure from James, the mysterious lover who awakened her darkest desires, and she'll do anything-anything-to locate him and win him back. Her search takes her to London, where she finds herself immersed in the world of fine art and forbidden pleasures. And soon, Karina meets another enigmatic man who promises to help her find James . . . for a price.

Unexpected pleasure . . . 

Damon George is rich, gorgeous, and a member of a secret society that caters to the sensual thrills of the wealthy and powerful. Though Karina insists her heart will always belong to James, Damon is determined to have her, body and soul. By the time she finds James, Karina has been "trained" to please another. Will James reject her again . . . or find her more irresistible than ever?


Becky says...

In true, honest fashion (because I know no other way lol) I rate Slow Surrender at 3.5 There were a few things missing that held me back from rating higher. I loved book 1 and the whitty banter between the H/h sets this book apart from any normal Dominant/Sub relationship. In Slow Seduction however there was a huge lack of the whittiness that I loved in book 1. Actually there was a huge lack of James.. All the way through the book I kept asking myself "Where's James?" He finally shows up towards the end of the book. I felt like this book was rushed a tad making it miss alot of the storyline I was hoping for. We do get to meet another Dom named Damon but the chemistry I felt in book 1 just wasnt there in Book 2. I feel like Damon was kinda forced into the story. Slow Seduction did have a few twists and turns and with a cliffhanger ending I was left with way more questions than answers. I will read Book 3 because I am the type of reader that just has to know how it ends for everyone.. Lol I'm nosey like that...



I write about my passions, which include baseball, erotica, gourmet food, martial arts, tea, and travel. I write fantasy, science fiction, erotic fiction, paranormal romance, and anything else that stimulates my imagination. My BDSM romance SLOW SURRENDER from Hachette/Grand Central Publishing/Forever Yours is my big thing for 2013 and book two of the series, SLOW SEDUCTION, has been slated for January 2014.

I'm the author of numerous other novels, many published as erotic romance with fantasy and science fiction settings, which means I never know what to answer when people ask what genre they are. Fortunately here on Amazon they can be ALL of the above!

My work spans sexualities the same way it spans genres. I write heterosexual, gay, bisexual, and trans characters, and the eroticism runs the gamut from vanilla to bondage to transcendental magical sex.

I'm the author of the Magic University series, a four-book contemporary fantasy about a hidden magical school inside Harvard, published by Ravenous Romance. The Prince's Boy is my erotic gay high fantasy BDSM swashbuckling romance (not kidding). Daron's Guitar Chronicles is my award-winning gay "coming out and coming of age in the 1980s" series.

In the erotic short story realm, I've been published everywhere from Ms. magazine to Penthouse, and I'm in many, many anthologies and the Best American Erotica series. Susie Bright called me "simply one of the most important writers, editors, and innovators in contemporary American erotic literature."

I've also edited many anthologies including Women of the Bite, Cowboy Lover, Sex In The System, Wicked Pleasures, SM Visions, for many different publishers, and many many books and ebooks for the independent publishing house I founded, Circlet Press. Those include Best Fantastic Erotica, Erotic Fantastic, Like an Animal, Like Crimson Droplets, and many others, both for Kindle and in paperback.

In science fiction/fantasy I have been published in Asimov's magazine, Strange Horizons, Absolute Magnitude, and many other places.

I also write and edit baseball nonfiction under the name "Cecilia M. Tan."

You can find out way more about me and my obsessions at www.ceciliatan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment