Thursday, June 13, 2013

Review: In Spades by K. Pinson



Blurb:

Avalynn has been running from her past for a couple of years now....never very far but always extremely fast. With an alcoholic father, a void of a mother and a town full of gossip, she struggles to find her place in the world.The only thing that saved her on her path of self destruction is her beautiful little sister, her miracle. Desperately trying to save Abby from a life that Avalynn has been trying so hard to escape from, she plots to take Abby away.The plan going dangerously astray, leaving Avalynn beaten and broken in what once was the hallway mirror in her childhood home. Avalynn finally comes to in the hospital after nearly being beaten to death. Father-Dead, Mother-Missing, Abby-In foster care--Everything changing in the blink of an eye.

Avalynn immediately sets to work to get her life in order , receive custody of precious Abby and focusing every ounce of attention, giving Abby the the life she deserves. Avalynn, now a 22 year old Elementary School Teacher and New Mommy, struggling to raise a beautiful and feisty five year old whom was just diagnosed with Mild Autism Disorder. Lots of challenges for her to face in the midst. Avalynn is ready to go at them all head on if it means Abby is raised in a happy and healthy home. Abby is the only thing she cares about...not even caring about herself or her life...that is...until she meets him. The man that can shatter her entire world with one glance. Their relationship a roller coaster ride from start to finish. One that Avalynn never wants to get off of..but she may not have a choice. Her happily ever after coming to a screeching halt yet again. Heartbreak, love, loss and hope--This story has it all, In Spades.

Becky N. says...

Right from the beginning you are sucked into a storyline that is well written. Characters and story were set up perfectly in the Prolouge. I didn't go throughout the book questioning who was who and what was their role in the story.
 
The more I read, the harder it was to remind myself that this was Katelynn Pinsons debut novel. Getting to know the characters Aalynn, Abby and of course Dax was an enjoyable experience. Daxton and his heart of gold melted me the moment I met him. Yes, he looks like the tattooed, rocker bad boy but when you learn his sweet spot for children, You fall in love with him again page after page after page.
 
I will tell you this story leaves you with a cliffhanger that has you saying how can I hate to love you so much K. Pinson? Have no worries though because her follow up novel is set for release in August.
 
I give this a 4.5 out of 5 rating. If not for the cliffhanger a personal hatred of mine lol) It would have easily gotten 5 stars from me.


Author Links

FacebookTwitterGoodreads

Bio:

22 years old. Lives in a small farm town.Work full times as a Manager for an assisted living program for mentally challenged adults. I love my job. :) Getting my degree in music therapy. 

Working on my first novel "In Spades"

I also read and review books for my website ktreads.com but I will be putting it on the back burner for a little while to finish my book. 


No comments:

Post a Comment