Monday, June 3, 2013

Review: Bed, Breakfast, and You by Lacey Wolfe



Blurb:

Claire holds the keys to her future, in more than one way.

As if the recent death of Claire Stevens’ parents isn’t enough, someone wants to steal Honeycreek Bed and Breakfast right out from under her. But Claire isn’t about to roll over and let them. She’s prepared to fight.

Jace Brown is Brookfield’s main attorney, and after delivering the bad news to Claire about her property, he knows all about being on her bad side. 

As Claire gets to the bottom of this scandal, she’s surprised to have Jace by her side, fighting along with her. The attraction is instant, but can it last after the dust settles?

Review by Becky S.:

So we have already established that I am a sucker for books in a small town.  A thing I look for even more is a series.  I love them!  I love when an author takes a small town, introduces you to all of the community, and makes you feel like you belong there.  Bed, Breakfast, and You is one of those kind of books.

Bed, Breakfast, and You is a prequel novella taking place in the small town of Brookville Wyoming.  You meet Claire Stevens, who after the recent death of her parents has inherited Honeycreek Bed and Breakfast. Claire is one of those girls that don’t take crap from anyone and is going to fight for what she believes in.  Jace Brown is the town attorney and has the unfortunate job of letting Claire know that there are some problems with the taxes and she is going to lose the property.

I love that I never knew where the story was going to go.  It was a Light, Fun, Flirty read with lots of action and suspense to help you fall in love with Claire and Jace and the town of Brookville.  Just when I thought I had figured it out, Lacey Wolfe threw in a little twist that made me wonder why I thought what I did.

The only problem I had in this book was that I loved it so much, that I wanted more!  I had to remind myself that this was a short story, but there was more to come as I get to know all that there is to know about the characters and stories that Lacey provides in her other Brookville books.



Author Links


Bio:

It's always been my dream to be a writer. Ever sense I was a child, creating stories has been a passion of mine. I have always said that one day I would be an author. Finally, I am working on this dream of mine. I have two children who have been keeping me busy for the past 7 years. My youngest is starting pre-k this year and I have more time for me and to concentrate on what I want out of this life. So I am picking up pen and paper...well I guess keyboard and screen, and working on this dream. It isn't going to be easy. There will be many ups and downs, but I am ready. I know this dream will come true, my mom told me so, "You can be anything you want to be when you grow up." Thanks mom, here goes nothing!


No comments:

Post a Comment